City Utility Services

Water, Sewer and Trash Service

To sign-up for services, please visit City Hall located at 220 E 1st Avenue.  You will need to provide your driver's license or other government issued photo ID, your social security number, a $15 non-refundable account origination fee, and a copy of your lease agreement if you are renting your new home.

  • The account origination fee applies to all first time customers and existing customers changing their service address.
  • New service can be started the same day you sign up if you come into the office prior to 4:00 p.m.
  • For your convenience, changes in service can be done over the phone after verification of Driver's License and/or SSN.  These changes can include mailing address, name change, service termination or transfer of service.


  • Water rates can be found on the Public Utilities Water Rates page.
  • Sewer rates can be found on the Public Utilities Sewer Rates page.
  • Refuse/Recycling rates for residents are $15.75 per month.  Please contact the refuse department at 316-322-4481 for Commercial Rates.

Billing Cycles

North - all customers located north of Central Avenue, excluding Township Village
  • North-side meters are typically read between the 20th and 5th of the month
  • Bills are mailed on the 5th of the month, and due on the 20th
South - all customers located south of Central Avenue, including Township Village
  • South-side meters are typically read between the 5th and the 20th of the month
  • Bills are mailed on the 20th of the month, and due on the 5th

Paying Your Bill

  • Bills may be paid via the mail, over the phone or by clicking on the link to the left of this page.
  • The City accepts cash, checks (no starter checks please), Visa, Mastercard, and Discover cards.
  • The City can also process payments automatically each month.  In order to begin this process, please fill out the bank draft or credit card draft form and send it to the City.

Penalties and Shut Offs

  • Payments received after the due date will be assessed a 5% penalty
  • Payments not received ten days after the penalty has been assessed will result in the disconnection of water service.  A $50 turn off fee will be assessed to the account, and must be paid prior to reinstatement.
  • If you are unable to pay your water bill, please call the office at 316-321-9100 and make arrangements for payment.  Accounts that have current arrangements are exempt from disconnection.

Leak Adjustments

Once a leak has been discovered by a residents, the following procedure should be followed:
  • The adjustment form should be filled out completely by the resident.
  • Please include all receipts from plumbers or from parts purchased to fix the leak
  • Ensure that you have filled out the form completely, including your: name, service address, phone number, and a description of the location of the leak and how and when it was repaired.
  • Turn the form and receipts in to the City at 220 E 1st Avenue, El Dorado, KS 67042
  • The City of El Dorado will then process a service order to verify that the leak has been repaired.
  • A cashier will complete and adjustment based on the information provided.
  • The City will adjust up to a three (3) month period affected by the leak if it is reported and repaired in a reasonable amount of time.
  • Once the Assistant Finance Director reviews the adjustment, it will be posted to the account.
  • The City will assume responsibility for half of the difference between the average account usage and the usage during the period of the leak. The account holder will be responsible for the remaining amount due.
  • It is recommended that account holders pay an average bill during the leak adjustment process so that their account does not become extremely past due.