Spring weather brings storms and severe weather to our area. The City of El Dorado offers two storm shelters that are opened during Tornado Warnings for our area:
- City Hall, located at 220 E. First
- El Dorado Senior Center (ADA Accessible), located at 210 E. Second.
Staying Safe in Thunderstorms
Severe thunderstorms are storms capable of producing hail an inch or larger or wind gusts over 58 mph.
Act Quickly When Severe Weather Strikes
Listen to local news or a NOAA Weather Radio to stay updated.
- At Your House: Go to your secure location if you hear a severe thunderstorm warning.
- At Your Workplace or School: Stay away from windows if you are in a severe thunderstorm warning and damaging wind or large hail is approaching.
- Outside: Go inside a sturdy building immediately. Sheds and storage facilities are not safe. Taking shelter under a tree can be deadly.
- In a Vehicle: Being in a vehicle is safer than outside; however, drive to a shelter if time.
When the snow falls, your safety on the streets is our top priority. Whether an inch of ice or 2 feet of snow, City of El Dorado’s Public Works crews know how to respond when inclement weather becomes an issue.
During a major storm, we will issue periodic updates to the local media, through the official city website, and on our social media sites.
El Dorado Public Works crews are constantly monitoring weather situations and will respond with treating and plowing roads when appropriate. Please assist our snow plow crews by remembering:
- Give our snow plow drivers plenty of room on the roads. Stay back at least 30 feet from the read of a snow plow.
- If possible, remove vehicles from the streets. This allows our drivers to clear roads from curb to curb.
- We appreciate your patience - if a significant amount of snow does fall, our snow plow drivers work diligently to clear each and every road in El Dorado.
Learn about how El Dorado determines which roads receive priority during snow removal and how the city plans to ensure all streets are cleared during a snow event.
Reporting a missed street
Although we do our best to ensure every streets is treated and/or cleared in a timely fashion, we may occasionally miss one. Find out how best to report a missed street.
Read helpful hints on how to ensure you and your family stay safe during a snowstorm and around snow plows.
Frequently asked questions
Find the answers to questions the City of El Dorado is frequently asked about snow removal (PDF).