Housing Grant Pre-Application
The City of El Dorado is in the process of submitting an application for a $300,000 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) for housing rehabilitation to the Kansas Department of Commerce. The State of Kansas will announce awards in January of 2017. If awarded a grant, the City of El Dorado is planning to allocate a portion of the funds to rehabilitation of single family homes owned by or rented to low-to-moderate income families.
|1 person household||$36,550|
|2 person household||$41,750|
|3 person household||$46,950|
|4 person household||$52,150|
|5 person household||$56,350|
|6 person household||$60,500|
|7 person household||$64,700|
|8 person household||$68,850|
One step of the application process is to solicit owner and landlord pre-applications to determine their interest in applying for funding. See the full pre-application for more program details.
The basic program guidelines are as follows:
- Completing a pre-application does not guarantee you will receive a grant.
- Income eligibility is determined by the most recently filed tax return.
- $25,000 is the maximum that can be received per home.
- Even if income-eligible, the CDBG program may be unable to serve some homes needing extensive repairs.
- All repair assistance is determined by a project inspector.
- The repair work will be bid out to eligible contractors. You do not get to choose the contractor.
- This is not a remodeling program. The goal of the program is to make the home safer and increase the life of the home.
- There is a limited selection when it comes to paint color or other choices, if these repairs are eligible.
- A soft-lien will be filed on the real estate for three years.
- Landlords will be required to provide 25% matching funds to the project
- Landlords will be required to continue to rent to LMI tenants at current or Fair Market Rates, whichever is less.
To apply, complete the appropriate pre-application and submit it as soon as possible but no later than August 22, 2016.
El Dorado Commission Room
220 East First Street
August 4 at 6:30pm
Informational Meeting with Landlords and owners
August 15 at 6:30
Public Hearing to determine program guidelines